Spring Gardening/Landscaping Classes, presented by Colorado Master Gardenerssm, will provide participants with the lowdown on lawn care and gardening insights for high-altitude gardening success. All area residents are encouraged to attend this slate of classes. Course topics include lawn care, drought resistant turf, soil enrichment, vegetable gardening, planting trees, tree insects, perennials, and firewise landscaping.
Class titles and dates are listed below. All classes will be conducted from 2 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays at the CSU Extension Office, 305 S. Union Boulevard (across from Memorial Park) and repeated on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the El Paso County Citizens’ Service Center, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road.
To register or for additional information call (719) 520-7688. The cost for each class is only $10.00 and payment options include cash or check. Pre-registration is much appreciated and walk-ins are welcome.
Gardening/Landscaping Classes – Spring 2013
- “Lowdown on Lawn Care” – February 26 and repeated February 28
- “Drought Resistant Turf Grasses” – March 5 and repeated March 7
- “Soil – The Foundation of a Successful Garden” – March 12 and repeated March 14
- “Basic Vegetable Gardening” – March 19 and repeated March 21
- “The Science of Planting Trees” and “What’s Bugging Your Trees and Shrubs” – March 26 and repeated March 28
- “Perennials” – April 2 and repeated April 4th
- “Firewise Landscaping”– April 9 and repeated April 11