If you chose True, you’re right on the money. New, high-efficient central air conditioning will save you money on utility bills immediately. A properly sized system will optimize the total savings.
Add in utility rebates combined with rebates from the manufacturer and you can save thousands of dollars by upgrading an old inefficient central air conditioner. Not only will you lower your utility bills, you’ll create a positive effect on the environment.
Homeowners beware: you will not realize all the possible savings if the air-conditioning system is not sized or installed properly. Studies show that improperly installed air conditioner and duct systems waste one third or more of the energy used by the air conditioner.
The same holds true for insulation, windows and many other energy-efficiency upgrades around the home. Without meticulous attention to proper installation, the potential for saving energy – and reducing your utility bill – is slashed.
As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your home’s heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can save energy in your home, have a big effect on your utility bills and increase your comfort.
Keep these energy-saving steps in mind:
• Take charge. Maintaining your equipment is key to reliable performance. Make sure you achieve maximum efficiency with the air conditioning system you have.
• Change your filter every month. This is especially important during heavy use months (winter and summer). If the filter looks dirty after a month, change it.
• A dirty filter will slow down airflow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool, wasting energy.
• A clean filter will also prevent dust and dirt from building up in the system - leading to expensive maintenance and/or early system failure.
• Tune up HVAC equipment yearly. Just as a tune-up for your car can improve your gas mileage, a yearly tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort.
• Invest in a programmable thermostat. This easy-to-install device is ideal for people who are away from home during set periods of time throughout the day or week. Through proper use of pre-programmed settings, a programmable thermostat can save you about $180 every year in energy costs.
Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning in Arvada, Colo., has been serving the greater Denver community since 1971 – more than four generations.
“Spring is the perfect time to install new central air conditioning,” says Bill Buras, Lakeside owner. “You can save money and provide a cooler, more energy-efficient home that your family will enjoy year-round.”
"Call us today to discuss our affordable planned maintenance agreements to ensure your system is operating at peak performance," Burras added. "And if you are thinking about a new central air conditioning system, we'd like an opportunity to provide a free estimate."
“We offer name top brands like Lennox, Goodman, Amana and many others, backed by superior warranties,” says Buras. “We ensure that your home comfort is the best.”
Click this link for a free estimate on new air conditioning equipment.
Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning
Bill Buras, Owner
6260 West 52nd Ave., Unit 116
Arvada, Colo. 80002
Check out our TV commercial!